Thursday, May 5, 2011

Return from Artistic Figures in Cloth - 2011

Hello everyone - it has been over a year since I posted to this blog!  Shame on me!  I am going to try and do better by promising to update this blog whenever I update the RiverCity Figurative Artists' Guild blog.

I've spent a restful week of "staycation" after spending a few manic days at the Artistic Figures in Cloth conference in Columbus, Ohio last week.  As always, Cyndi Sieving, along with husband Mike and both her sisters did a marvelous job on this event.  I am looking forward to receiving my CD containing photos of all events, which is one of the perks of the meeting.  However, I did go ahead and take a few shots myself that I'll share with those of you unable to attend this marvelous event.

I will admit that the photos below represent a small amount of my favorite dolls at the show...but certainly not all of them!

Unfortunately, I do not remember the names of all the dollmakers, so I ask that you enjoy the shots and if you wish to tell me the name(s) of any of the dollmakers, I'll be happy to add them here.

Isn't she lovely?  The charm around her neck appears to be a rose quartz charm and it is exactly the right size for this lovely little person.


This awesome piece was created by Susie MacMahon, along with several others in the gallery.  My friend, Cody Goodin, took her three-day sculpting class and said it was a wonderful experience.  I hope to be able to take a class from Susie sometime in the future.


Two living dolls - Cyndi's sister is on the left (sorry, I don't know her name) and Cyndi on the right.  This was taken about 10 p.m. on Friday night and shows Cyndi after a long day of managing and running a beautiful conference.  Little sister admitted that she got to take a power nap that afternoon, so she is in better shape than most of us were that night!


This felted rabbit family was too cute to resist! 


This felted dinosaur is also too cute for words!  He makes me smile - how about you?


This doll is by Jodi Miller who is quickly becoming one of my favorite doll artists.  This was her "steampunk" challenge doll.  Jodi usually works in bright colors, but chose the muted pallet to go with the steampunk challenge.  What a great doll!


This little guy is a OOAK by Cyndi Sieving - isn't he fun?  Cyndi makes beautiful patterns for all of us to buy and enjoy.  However, her original art dolls are magnificent.  This little guy is under, 8" tall. 


This is another OOAK by Cyndi Sieving - isn't she special?  She is about 2 feet tall and I love the attitude achieved in this piece.

Well, that is all for now.  I have not had a chance to photograph the doll I made at class last week, so expect a new post from me in the very near future.  Thanks again, Cyndi, for a WONDERFUL time.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Radiance

Radiance
Handpainted skirt has a diameter of 14".